WHAT IS 3D PRINTING?
Additive manufacturing – commonly referred to as 3D printing – is the process of creating a solid three-dimensional physical object from a digital file or design. Unlike traditional manufacturing methods where the material
is removed from a solid block, 3D printing technologies build products layer-by-layer, only adding material where
it is needed. A variety of 3D Printing technologies enable a wide range of materials to be processed, including
polymers, resin, plastic, paper, wax, sandstone, metals, ceramics and bio-materials. First commercialised in the
late 1980s, additive manufacturing technology initially found widespread usage in producing prototypes and
tooling; but is also being applied across various industries such as automation, aerospace, engineering,
architecture, jewellery, medical, dental, casting/moulding, rapid prototyping, fashion, interior design, art,
education and entertainment.
ABOUT TIME TO 3D
Time To 3D is India’s first-of-its-kind 3D printing hub located at Mumbai. While 3D printing technology has been
around for three decades, it has mainly been restricted to industrial and B2B applications. Founder Mr. Rahul Shah
sensed the need to bring this technology to direct consumers, and to bridge the gap between technological
advancement and public awareness. As a result, Time To 3D was founded with the aim of creating a platform to
increase awareness on 3D printing and to engage directly with consumers.
This initiative is a partnership between Imaginarium (India’s largest 3D printing company) and the Time Media
Group. You will find state of the art equipment at the hub that can cater to both consumers and industries. As
planned consumers have full access to 3D printing technology at this hub.
HIGHLIGHTS AT THE HUB
1. 3D Printing Services – Consumers and enthusiasts of 3D printing now have an all access brick and mortar store
where they can get all their 3D printing requirements met. Customers have a choice of bringing in their own 3D
digital file or download one free from the internet. They can also choose from a range of novelty customized
products including miniature selfies of themselves.
2. Workshops/Courses – Regular workshops and courses are conducted at the hub that are designed for anyone of
any age in any field where no prior knowledge of 3D printing is required. These workshops can also be tailor made
for large groups that want to host an event such as seminars, offsite activities, kids birthdays and so on.
3. Doodle Pen Sessions – Compact and easy to use 3D doodle pens extrudes heated plastic that cools down
immediately to form a solid object. The hub offers hands on 3D doodle pen sessions for 30 minutes, 60 minutes
and 90 minutes.
4. Consumer Offering – Digital designs of the consumers are printed as real objects. Using latest 3D printers and
software consumers can 3D print any household item or even a school project in a wide range of materials.
Imagination is the only limit
5. Business Offering – Time To 3D caters to clientele in the fields of jewellery, engineering, aerospace, architecture,
medical, dental, fashion, interior design, automobile, prototyping, manufacturing, education, casting/moulding,
entertainment and many more.
6. Birthday Parties – At Time To 3D, a combination of fun and learning is served to young consumers. Birthdays
parties are organized in a manner that children enjoy themselves while learning. Party activities include an
introduction to 3D printing, hands on scanning and doodling sessions.
7. Other offerings – True to their word of being a one stop shop for 3D printing, the hub also offers 3D printers, 3D
doodle pens and 3D filaments for customers to purchase directly. Unlike any other platform, consumers have the
opportunity to walk in and experience 3D printers and doodle pens first hand before making a purchase.
WHAT IS 3D PRINTING?